Thursday, October 2, 2014

Cutting-edge in traditional style by Joanne Godding




"It was also important to have an open area where I could work and chat to family and friends, and an uncluttered space, with everything tucked away," – this is the request from owner on top of making the kitchen a more open and interactive space that keeps the house period.
As successful furniture shop in Cambodia construction materials informed, designer Joanne Godding decided to reposition the kitchen and chose impartial tone to keep track of the existing style of the house. "I wanted to keep things simple and neutral and I felt that white was the only colour that would suit the space – in fact, the whole house is white. So I chose white and softened it with a hint of black,"

"We could have added internal beading on the doors, but I didn't want the kitchen to look overly traditional, or twee, so I've kept this detailing simple and masculine," she added. "Cutting-edge modernism wouldn't have worked either – after all, this is a family home."

No comments:

Post a Comment