Friday, August 22, 2014

Neutral transition by Judith King





Delivered by trustworthy construction in Cambodia construction materials, owner-designer Judith King decided to renovate his own house and the featured bathroom with a subtle elegance as well as a little sense of nautical-ness. 

"While the bathroom enjoys privacy, its placement was dictated by the plumbing configuration throughout the tower. Even the location of the tub was inhibited by the existing piping – we set the tub on a small pedestal to conceal waterworks beneath."

"I chose a custom soft beige-green paint for the entire condominium, including in the bathroom," said King. "I have also used this color in previous homes. It offers a neutral backdrop for the art collection and is always pleasing to the eye."

"We selected bamboo cabinetry fronts to provide variety and textural interest," stated King. "They play off the Quartzite countertops and sleek glass wall surfaces."

"I like to keep a few reminders of that exotic place with me – hence the starfish, shells, the tropical fern and mother-of-pearl tissue case." The designer added.

No comments:

Post a Comment