Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Out in the world by Matthew Quinn






According to reliable furniture shop in Phnom Penh construction materials information, surrounding by the buzzing of a busy city life, owner-designer Matthew Quinn decided to bestow his master bathroom in a penthouse apartment the spectacular outdoor view with a trendy design that match with its surroundings.

"I had worked with the developer on another major project, so we were able to start with a clean shell and position the services as required."

"We were able to push the window out by 3ft, essentially creating a pop-out glass box," he said. "I had just finished designing my own tub and sink collection and wanted to position the tub on a pedestal, so it appeared pushed out into space with the beautiful skyline view behind."

"Each piece feels like a vessel, and also reflects an Asian design influence," he stated. "Chrome inlays customize the fixtures for this project."

"Silver-vein travertine has the grays, blues and taupe that I love. Here it is laid both vertically and horizontally, with a stripe effect adding interest to the shower and vanity areas."

"I chose a darker gray porcelain tile for the flooring because dark floors and furniture are best in a high-rise apartment. At night, lighter colors produce strong reflections in the glass, which can compromise the view."

No comments:

Post a Comment